Friday, April 11, 2014

Vitamin Information On the Internet May Not Be Positive

   
       Recently I was going through the internet looking for information on vitamins. I started noticing strange things. Not all the information on the internet is for vitamin supplementation.
       That is strange since I am  sure we don't get enough fruits and vegetables in our die daily to be able to give up supplementation all together.
        Of course I may have been pulling up other vitamin store information., And you know they are trying hard to have you buy vitamins from them. But then again I was noticing these are articles from other magazines, not from other dealers.
        The Atlantic warns against large supplementation doses. Okay. I am not for large doses either. I will say take it carefully. But I will also provide it for you. I am not at all for toxicity of the product. That would be a misuse of the product.
       The word says it all--supplement. Not replacement'
       So, okay, vitamin information on the internet may not be positive. They are trying tro reach a large audience. But I want to say a supplement, if properly used, is good.
       One article says not to take C, D, E, A and beta carotene or multivitamins. I don't go that far.
        I will say be careful. Talk to your care provider. Vitamins are considered drugs that are untested by the FDA.  But if used properly they can only help. Remember the word Supplements.
        A supplement is something you use in addition to- not in place of.
        Vitamins are not the replacement for food. The are in addition to.

No comments:

Post a Comment